Please take the time to thoroughly read all of the rules and regulations listed below. Understanding this information will better prepare you for race day.
- There will be no refunds for any reason. Instead, we offer either a full or partial rollover to another event in the current season, or the same event in the following year. After informing us that you will not be competing, we will consider the rollover request of your entry fee on a case-by-case basis. Once registration begins for the following event or year, it will be your responsibility to contact MultiSportsCanada and request the use of your rollover. We cannot accommodate a rollover request for a race within two weeks of this race. We are also unable to offer a rollover for no-shows.
- Changes made to the event course (related to weather, city planning, etc.) is out of our control and your registration fee will not be refunded.
- Late entrants (within two weeks of the race) are not guaranteed a full race package. Why? We never know how many 'last minute' athletes will register for each race; race package contents are ordered based on athlete numbers two weeks before the event.
- We are unable to accommodate race day registrations. Registration must occur the day before, at minimum.
- Race day results can be found on this site within 12-24 hours after the race.
- Race package pick-up closes 30 minutes before the event. Please arrive with enough time to get yourself ready.
- We do not accept post-dated cheques.
Privacy Information and Photography
- Your personal information will not be sold or used by any other company or organization other than MultiSportsCanada. Your information, specifically email address, may be used by MultiSport Canada to promote third-party marketing (deemed appropriate by MultiSport Canada and genrally to inform you of great races in your area). If you do not wish to be solicited, your name can be deleted from their mailing list by contacting us. Detailed privacy information is available here.
- Any photos taken by MultiSportsCanada can be utilized for event promotions, unless otherwise indicated by an athlete prior to the event via email.
General Rules and Regulations
- Athletes will receive one race number on a bib. The race number bib must be worn on the front for the run segment. The race numbers cannot be altered in any way.
- As this is not an ATA race, women can show middriff in the pool (eg sports bra) but must have a singlet/top to put on for the bike and run portions.
- All athletes must use a bike rack space as their transition zone. If you are late or there is no more room on the bike racks, you must use the space marked for extra bike racks.
- Athletes must wear approved bike helmets.
- Athletes must mount and dismount their bikes at the marked area outside of the transition zone. Riding a bike into the transition area will result in disqualification.
- Helmet straps must be fastened before mounting the bike.
- Athletes may not receive outside assistance in the transition area or at any other point during the race.
- Drafting off another competitor or motor vehicle is prohibited on the bike course. You must ensure that you are leaving 12 meters of space between you and the rider in front of you. A maximum of 20 seconds will be allowed to pass through the drafting zone of another athlete.
- The competitor is responsible for stepping on the timing mat at each transition to obtain race splits.
- Each athlete must read and sign an acknowledgement of risk form in order to race. The form is to be signed and given to the volunteer handing out race packages.
- Athletes line up at a table and informs a volunteer of her race number. The volunteer will verify that the name is correct and will hand out the appropriate timing chip. It is the athlete's responsibility to ensure that the timing chip is collected at the finish line, whether the athlete completes the race or not. Athletes who misplace the timing chip will be charged $40. If at any point there is a problem, report it to the registration area.
- Once athletes have checked in and received their timing chip, they can set-up their bike and transition supplies at the bike rack.
- Each athlete will have her race number marked on her right calf and the category letter marked on the left calf.
- All athletes start the race in waves based on the length of their race and their predicted swim time. This is a self-seeding process and allows for swimmers to be cheered on while other athletes wait to start their race.
- Tear-down of the transition area must begin immediately following the finish of the last competitor. Please be considerate of race crew and remove your race gear and any litter in your transition area. Race organizers are not responsible for any items left unattended after the finish of the race.
- Post-race celebrations takes place immediately following the race. Athletes can present their bib number to receive post-race food, beverages and massages.
ROLLOVERS & REFUNDS
- No rollover within 4 weeks.
- 75% credit towards following year if outside of that timeframe.